Welcome to another Differences and Similarities Blog. This is my third comparison. I started with “You” by Caroline Kepnes, then “The Outsider” by Stephen King. When I read Behind Her Eyes, I was shaken but when I heard it was going to be a show on Netflix I was ecstatic. So, to tell you the least, I loved the show as much as the book which is surprising because usually your imagination is always better than someone else’s. Let’s get into it.
- The same characters as the book are in the show
- Same environment/setting
- Same plot twist
Watch the Trailer
- The book goes chapter by chapter.
- 1 chapter Louise
- 1 chapter Adele
- By the book being constructed this way, you know some of the twists of the story right away
- Such as Adele spying on her husband
- Adele knowing about Louise and you knowing that she knows. This gave the book that spice, knowing that Adele was bad from the beginning.
- When Adele meets Louise
- Adele is beautiful but the times she shows up to the gym with bruises on her body making Louise think that David was abusing her (before the black eye)
- Adele starts losing a lot of weight she looks like a skeleton
- The is no heroin involved in the book. The ending is different is because she wasn’t used to be so skinny to get out of the burning house.
- Louise’s friend nor the other receptionist does not exist in the books.
- The other woman that Adele spied on the show does not exist on the book
- You read Rob’s story at the end.
I don’t want to spoil the show nor the book so I am staying vague on some of the details. But besides all, these are the differences, the show was pretty on point which I appreciate.