We’ve all stood in front of isles like this trying to figure out what shampoo should I try next. I bet you’ve gotten frustrated by reading and trying to figure out the difference, that you just threw one in your cart and called it a day. Been there done that.
Disclaimer: Just because I work at a hair salon it doesn’t mean that I am a hair stylist. I am just the receptionist, but I deal with hair products on a daily basis.
The first step in finding hair products that work for your hair is Knowing YOUR Hair!! Is your hair dry, oily, oily roots & dry ends, dandruff etc… Curly, straight, wavy…
Use a moisturizing shampoo. Don’t be afraid to use conditioner, just make sure you’re rinsing it well. You don’t want it to way your hair down.
Shampoos for Dry Hair:
- Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo
- Jojoba Moisturizing Keratin Shampoo http://amazonseries.us/product/jojoba-moisturizing-keratin-shampoo/
- Moisture Rich Shampoo – Biotin and Vitamin E
- Botanique Nourish and Replenish Shampoo
- Moisturizing Shampoo
Oily & Dry Ends
I feel your pain that is me! It took me so long to figure out what my hair likes. Avoid heavy shampoos! Use a clarifying or volumizing shampoo. These shampoos are light for your hair. Oh and yes say bye bye to your conditioner, because you will just need a dime size for your ends.
Shampoos for Oily Hair
- Kenra Professional Volumizing Shampoo
- Clarifying Shampoo
- Classic Clean Shampoo
- Sheer Volume Shampoo
- Purify and Replenish Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Clarifying Shampoo
Hair Products After Wash
I definitely recommend blow drying your hair after to lock the product in.
- Heat Protectant Blow-Dry Spray – Speed Dry | Color Wow
- KerAçaí Restorative Leave-in Treatment (one of the hairstylist calls this hair crack) http://amazonseries.us/product/keracai-restorative-leave-in-treatment/
- Açaí Oil Hair Treatment http://amazonseries.us/product/acai-oil-hair-treatment/
- DREAM COAT Anti-Humidity Hair Treatment (my favorite plus is does wonders if you’re living in a humid state aka the sunshine state) https://www.colorwowhair.com/us/dream-coat.html
Feed your hair, take care of it. P.S These shampoos and their conditioners work for color treated hair.