Ingredients & Measurements
- Black Beans- 1 1/2 cup aka 15 oz canned black beans
- Maple Syrup- 1/2 cup
- Coconut Oil- 1/4 cup
- Oat Flour- 1/2 cup
- Flax Meal- 1 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda- 1/4 teaspoon
- Dark Chocolate Chips- 1/3 cup
- Additional Ingredient NOT needed chocolate syrup
Notes About Some of the Ingredients
Black Beans– Canned black beans, drain and rinse well before using them.
Maple Syrup– You can use brown sugar for lower glycemic index, or Monk fruit sugar for a sugar free black bean brownies.
Coconut Oil– coconut oil and MCT oil is the same, any nut or seed oil that you prefer would also work.
Oat Flour– all purpose flour or gluten free flour.
Flax Meal– used for a better chew to the brownies, you can also use chia seeds.
Dark Chocolate Chips– vegan, this optional but I definitely recommend it it gives the brownies the real taste of real brownies.
How to Make/Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180C.)
- In a food mixer: (liquid)
– 1/2 cup of maple syrup
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1 1/2 cup black beans
(for my preference I also add 1/3 of chocolate syrup)
- In a bowl mix: (dry)
– 1/2 cup oat flour
– 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon flax meal
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Take the mixture of the liquid ingredients and mix them with the dry ingredients
– you can mix them in the bowl or add them to the mixer (the mixer is easy but i do not suggest it, the flower might not mix as well; or maybe i don’t have a
big enough mixer. Mix at your own risk.
- Have a brownie pan at hand (8 inches x 8 inches) with parchment/baking paper.
- Transfer the brownie batter to the pan.
- Insert the chocolate chip into the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. The brownies are done when top is cracked, not giggly, and the middle should be soft.
- Let the brownie cool down for 15 minutes in its pan. This is important or the brownie will crumble (I’ve done it)
- Lift out the parchment paper from the pan to release your brownie and transfer onto a cooling rack/plate.
- Place the brownie in the fridge for 10 min
- Cut and enjoy!