– 3 tablespoon oil
– 3 chicken breast, sliced
– 1 red bell pepper
– 1 green bell pepper
– 1 yellow bell pepper
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 tablespoon chilli powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin
– 1 tablespoon garlic
– 5 cups of milk (1 1/4 L)
– 4 cups of penne pasta (400 g)
– 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded (100 g)
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat
- Add chicken cook until no pink is visible, about 5-6 minutes, then take the chicken out
- Add the bell peppers and onion, cook until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes
- Add the chicken back in the pot with salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin, and garlic powder; stirring until evenly coated, about 30 seconds
- Add the milk and the penne, stirring constantly to prevent any pasta from sticking
- Cook about 20 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the milk has reduced to a thick sauce that coats the pasta.
- Add the cheese and mix until melted.
Recipe found on tasty co.